Washington County, Minnesota Genealogy
|Washington County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||October 27, 1849|
|Address|| Washington County Courthouse|
14949-62nd St N;
Stillwater, MN 55082
Washington County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1845, divorce and court records
from 1847 and probate records from 1850. 
- 1849--Washington County was created 27 October 1849 from St. Croix County in Wisconsin Territory.
County seat: Stillwater 
- For a brief history of how Washington County was named, click here, then select Washington County.
- Pierce County, Wisconsin
- Polk County, Wisconsin
- St. Croix County, Wisconsin
Civil War service men from Washington County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Washington County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company B.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Company K.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies B and F.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company K.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company I.
- - 7th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company C.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company C.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Washington County, Minnesota page 369, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).