Warren County, Mississippi Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:06, 13 November 2010 by Krikar (added regiment link)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Townships and Cities
- 7 Web Sites
- 8 References
1809--Warren County was created 22 December 1809 from the Natchez District. County seat: Vicksburg 
- East Carroll Parish, Louisiana
- Madison Parish, Louisiana
- Tensas Parish, Louisiana
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Civil War service men from Warren County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Warren County.
- - 10th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company F - Hill City Cadets
Societies and Libraries
Townships and Cities
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).