Difference between revisions of "Ward County, North Dakota Genealogy"
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
==== Church ====
==== Court ====
==== Court ====
Revision as of 01:37, 30 May 2013
Ward County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Ward County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||April 14, 1885|
|Address|| Ward County Courthouse|
315 3rd St SE
Minot, ND 58701-6498
Ward County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has birth, death, burial and divorce records
from 1900; County Judge has marriage and probate records;
Register of Deeds has land records
Church records can be found online, kept onsite at the church, or housed in a church archive or library. See North Dakota Church Records for more information on how to locate the records.
Probate records, including wills and estates, are at the county clerk's office. See also North Dakota Probate Records.
Birth, marriage, death, and divorce records may be recorded on registers, certificates, or other documents at the county clerk's office. Many records are also being digitized and put online. See North Dakota Vital Records for more information about availability and how to access them.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Ward County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Ward County, North Dakota. Page 527 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).