Wambrook, Dorset Genealogy
WAMBROOK, St Mary, a parish in the district of Chard and county of Dorset; 2¼ miles WSW of Chard railway station.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Wambrook, Dorset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|WAMBROOK PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Dorset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, publ. London and Edinburgh: 1870. Date accessed: 12 July 2103.
- 'Vital Records Index - British Isles - Collection List,' British Isles Vital Records Index, 2nd ed., hosted at Genoot, accessed 14 April 2012.
- 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net (WayBack Machine), accessed 5 July 2012.
- 'Dorset Marriages,' Find My Past, accessed 28 July 2012.
- 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 October 2013.
- 'Somerset Marriages (pre-1754)', FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 29 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 26 April 2014.