Wallowa County, Oregon Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 4.1 Biography
- 4.2 Cemeteries (Rural and General)
- 4.3 Census
- 4.4 Church History and Records
- 4.5 Court Records
- 4.6 Farms - Ranches
- 4.7 Gazetteers
- 4.8 History
- 4.9 Land and Deed Records
- 4.10 Maps
- 4.11 Military History and Records
- 4.12 Newspapers
- 4.13 Periodicals
- 4.14 Probate Records
- 4.15 Schools
- 4.16 Taxation
- 4.17 Vital Records
- 4.18 Voting Records
- 4.19 Societies, Libraries, Museums
- 5 References
Wallowa County Courthouse
101 S. River Street
Enterprise, OR 97828
11 February 1887: Wallowa county was created from Union County.
Named for Wallowa River. Lewis and Clark Expedition journals recorded Wil-le-wahas the name.
- Records Held at the Courthouse
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Wallowa County Court House as of July 2004.
- Record Loss:
Places / Localities
Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
- 35 years on Smith Mountain 
- My days in northeast Oregon : a memoir of wagon trains & pack strings in the 1890s 
- Angel from Paradise : the life & times of a Wallowa County cowboy 
- Of men and mountains 
Cemeteries (Rural and General)
Church History and Records
Farms - Ranches
- Wallowa County brand book, 1921 May 1 
- Index to chattel mortgages, Wallowa County, Oregon, 1913-1931 
- Origin of Wallowa County place names 
- About Wallowa County: people, places, images   
- An Illustrated history of Union and Wallowa counties: with a brief outline of the early history of the state of Oregon     -(LAR)
- The old and the new: history of the post offices of Wallowa County  
- The Wallowa country, 1867-1877   
- The History of Wallowa County, Oregon 
- Historical sketches of Wallowa National Forest 
- Reminiscences of Wallowa County 
- Wallowa, the land of winding waters  
- Carving the north end wilderness : Flora 
- Bits of Wallowa County lore 
- This valley : (Wallowa Valley) 
- The flora country; the hardships and struggles of the Matt Devin family as pioneers in northern Wallowa County, Oregon. 
- Gateway to the Wallowas 
- From The Wallowas 
- Pioneering in the Wallowas : four frontier tales 
- Heritage of the Wallowas : life as it was 
- Wallowa County, the Northwest's most scenic area; a land of beauty and opportunity 
- Memories : a nostalgic look at life in northeast Oregon 
- Wallowa County, Oregon : a capsule history 
- The story of Wallowa Lake 
- The forgotten grist and flour mills of Wallowa County, Oregon : a history of the eight grist or flour mills that have operated in Wallowa County, Oregon 
- Wallowa County, Oregon : the land of peace, prosperity and happiness 
Land and Deed Records
Military History and Records
- Signal mountain : Wallowa County's own historical magazine 
- School days in the Wallowas : a history of the ninety-one schools and communities, past and present, of Wallowa County, Oregon 
- Wallowa County, Oregon, marriage records, 1887-1983 
- Coroner's inquest, Wallowa County, Oregon, 1906-1915 
- Election voter register, Wallowa County, Oregon, 1902, 1906, 1914 
Societies, Libraries, Museums
- "FHLC US/CAN Book 979 V3w"
- "FHLC Film 2260728-2260729"
- "FHLC Book 979.573 H2baw"
- "FHLC Film 1597664 Item 7"
- "FHLC Book 979.573 H2b"
- "FHLC Book 979.573 H2ba"
- http://summit.worldcat.org/oclc/31939388 [Summit]
- "FHLC Film 2260728 Item 1"
- "FHLC Film 2260729 Item 2"