Difference between revisions of "Waller County, Texas Genealogy"
|Line 94:||Line 94:|
== Web Sites ==
== Web Sites ==
*[http://txgenweb.org/ ].maps, history other information for .
Revision as of 06:06, 1 February 2011
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
There have been 4 courthouses in Waller County. The first was in a rented frame building. In 1877, the first brick courthouse was built, and was in use until it burned in 1892. In 1894, a new courthouse was built and was in use until it was demolished in 1954 when the new courthouse was built.
The courthouse address is 836 Austin St. Hempstead, Texas 77445. The phone number is 1-800-901-4412.
The area was part of Stephen F. Austin's first colony, with the first settlement occurring around 1821.
Places / Localities
- 1880 Census for Waller County, census images from archive.org
- 1900 Census for Waller County, transcribed from the USGenWeb Archives; census images from archive.org.
- 1910 Census for Waller County, transcribed from the USGenWeb Archives; census images from archive.org.
- 1920 Census for Waller County, transcribed from the USGenWeb Archives; census images from archive.org.
- 1930 Census for Waller County, census images from archive.org.
- Liendo Plantation, 1977 by Carrie B. Coss, Waller County Historical Commission.
- A History of Waller County, Texas, 1973 by Waller County Historical Survey Committee. Available from the Waller County Historical Museum
- Forgotten Places of Waller County. Available from the Waller County Historical Museum
- Waller County Whatnot. Available from the Waller County Historical Museum
- Books available from the Waller County Historical Museum.
- Waller County History from The Handbook of Texas Online.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
The Waller Times Newspaper
- Waller County Marriage Book "A" Oct 1873-Dec 1881, from the Waller County TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- Waller County Historical Society
PO Box 438
Waller, TX 77484-0438
- Waller County Historical Commission
- Waller County Historical Museum
906 Cooper, PO Box 1548
Brookshire, TX 77423
Wednesday & Friday - 10.00 AM to 4:00 PM
Saturday - 11:00AM - 2:00PM
- Chaparral Genealogical Society & Library
310 North Live Oak, P.O. Box 606
Tomball, TX 77377-0606
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).