Wallace County, Kansas Genealogy
Wallace County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Wallace County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 2, 1868|
|County Seat||Sharon Springs|
|Address|| Wallace County Courthouse|
313 Main Street
Sharon Springs, Kansas 67758-9998
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Wallace County Courthouse;
313 Main Street
Sharon Springs, KS 67758
County Clerk has birth, marriage and death records 1895-1911.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
Probate Judge has probate and court records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1868--Wallace County was created 2 March 1868 from unorganized territory. County seat: Sharon Springs 
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Kansas Land and Property for additional information about early Kansas land grants. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse, where records are currently housed.
- Wallace County was organized after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Wallace County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wallace County, Kansas page 256, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).