Wabaunsee County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Wabaunsee County; 215 Kansas St; Alma, KS 66401; Ph. 785.765.3414 Details: (Formerly Richardson Co. Name changed to Wabaunsee 11 Feb 1859) (Co Clk has b, m & d rec 1892-1910; Clk Dis Ct has div, pro & ct rec
1855--Wabaunsee County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Alma 
Early migration routes to and from Wabaunsee County, Kansas Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Men from Waubaunsee county enlisted in:
- Second Infantry, Company B
- Eighth Infantry, Company E
- Second Cavalry, Companies A, B, F, K
- Fifth Cavalry, Company A
- Sixth Cavalry, Company F
- Eighth Cavalry, Company E
- Eleventh Cavalry, Companies E, G, K, L, M
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Wabaunsee County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).