Virginia's Letcher Light Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:19, 28 October 2010 by Randlepandle (Created page with '=== Brief History === *Organized at Richmond, Virginia, during the winter of 1861-1862. *It was assigned to R. L. Walker's and W. J. Pegram's Battalion of Artillery, Army of No…')
- Organized at Richmond, Virginia, during the winter of 1861-1862.
- It was assigned to R. L. Walker's and W. J. Pegram's Battalion of Artillery, Army of Northern Virginia.
- The battery participated in many conflicts from the Seven Days' Battles to Cold Harbor, then was involved in the operations against Petersburg and the Appomattox Campaign.
- It reported 19 casualties during the Seven Days' Battles, lost twenty-six percent of the 65 engaged at Gettysburg, and had 2 officers and 66 men present for duty in April, 1864.
- Only 2 men surrendered on April 9, 1865.
- Captains Thomas A. Brander and Greenlee Davidson were in command.
- AKA - Brander's Company, Virginia Light Artillery