Virginia's King William Light Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:57, 14 November 2010 by Randlepandle (Created page with '===Brief History=== *Formed in the spring of 1861 *The battery served in T. H. Carter's, R. C. M. Page's, and W. E. Cutshaw's Battalion of Artillery. *It participated in variou…')
- Formed in the spring of 1861
- The battery served in T. H. Carter's, R. C. M. Page's, and W. E. Cutshaw's Battalion of Artillery.
- It participated in various conflicts from Seven Pines to Cold Harbor, moved with Early to the Shenandoah Valley, and was active around Appomattox.
- The unit reported 3 wounded at Gaines' Mill, 6 casualties during the Maryland Campaign, and twenty-two percent of the 103 engaged at Gettysburg disabled.
- It surrendered with 1 officer and 22 men.
- Captains Thomas H. Carter and William P. Carter were its commanders.
men raised in King William County