Vernal Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We’re Here to Help. Experienced genealogists can help you with your research, and it’s available to you free of charge! Research consultants and volunteers can help you by suggesting sources for you to search, answering basic questions such as how to get started, where a town is located, and what records are available for a locality and how to use them.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 "Search Engine Secrets" Workshops
- 4 July 2012 Class Schedule
- 4.1 Please call and register for classes @ 435-789-3618(We would like to know the number attending so handouts can be prepared.
- 4.2 Staff Training Meetings
- 4.3 Center Resources
- 4.4 Center Services
- 4.5 Resources in the Local Area
- 4.6 Links
- 4.7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 480 West 500 North, Vernal, Utah 84078
- Monday: 9am - 5pm
- Tuesday thru Thursday: 9 am - 9pm
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Calendar and Events
"Search Engine Secrets" Workshops
Beginning June 8th, 2012
There are so many helps available for us if we could only find them. Come in and let us help you make Genealogy and Family History fun. These Workshops “Search Engines Secrets” were put together by Robert Ragan the “Genealogy Guy”
Come to the Family History Center at 480 West 500 North and let Brother Tom Allred help you have a more successful genealogical journey. And have a lot of fun doing it! The Workshops will start Friday June 8th at 6:00pm.
These will be held on the 2nd and 4th Fridays.
For more information please call 435-789-3618
July 2012 Class Schedule
July 4 "CLOSED"
July 11 Facebook Genealogy 10:00 am
Beginning Family History 11:00 am
July 13 "WORKSHOP"
'Search Engine Secrets' 6:00 pm
July 12 Indexing 7:00 pm
July 14 Beginning FamilySearch 11:00 am
July 16 Beginning FamilySearch 11:00 am
July 19 Search Engine Secrets 11:00 am
July 20 Ashley Stake
"FAMILY LOVE PROJECT"
July 23 & 24 CLOSED
July 26 Indexing 7:00 pm
July 27 "WORKSHOP"
'Search Engine Secrets' 6:00 pm
July 28 Beginning FamilySearch 11:00 am
July 30 Beginning FamilySearch 11:00 am
Please call and register for classes @ 435-789-3618
(We would like to know the number attending so handouts can be prepared.
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)