Difference between revisions of "Vernal Utah Family History Center"
m (→Staff Research Specialties: updated name of calling as directed by FS management)
m (updated name of calling as directed by FS management)
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
'':''' Dale Hatch - 435-789-3618; : Joan Hatch, Clif & Pam Whitmire, Ana Batty, Alex Seitz, Vance & Connie Christensen and Floyd & Joan Collett.
Revision as of 03:26, 21 March 2017
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We’re Here to Help. Experienced genealogists can help you with your research, and it’s available to you free of charge! Research consultants and volunteers can help you by suggesting sources for you to search, answering basic questions such as how to get started, where a town is located, and what records are available for a locality and how to use them.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 2.1 We sponsor a Lecture Series each month on the third Friday at 7pm. It is held at the Ashley Stake Center next to the Vernal Temple. If you would like a copy of our monthly newsletter and schedule of classes being taught each month call (435-789-3618) and leave us your e-mail address or drop in and pick one up.
- 2.2 Staff Training Meetings
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- Location on Map
- 480 West 500 North
- Vernal, Utah 84078 United States
TFHC - center:' Dale Hatch - 435-789-3618; center staff: Joan Hatch, Clif & Pam Whitmire, Ana Batty, Alex Seitz, Vance & Connie Christensen and Floyd & Joan Collett.
- Monday: 10 am. - 5 pm.
- Tuesday 10 am. - 8:30 pm.
- Wednesday 10 am - 8:30 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 8:30 pm
- Friday through Sunday open by appointment only.
Holiday Schedule: We are closed at the same time as the temple closes 2 weeks biannually for cleaning.
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness.
- Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
Calendar and Events
Please call and register for classes @ 435-789-3618 (We would like to know the number attending so handouts can be prepared, if appropriate.)
Staff Training Meetings
These are held at the beginning of the 10:00, 1:00 and 5:00 O'clock shifts.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- We have a nice selection of hundreds of genealogical books and family histories available for use at the Center.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have a class room with 8 computers. We have a Kodak Photo Scanner that is state of the art. We have microfilm readers. We have a quiet room for patrons who prefer a quiet ambience to do research. We have 12 computers in a bay that has extensive genealogical software to help with research.
Staff Research Specialties
Most of our staff members are ward temple and family history consultants. If your are a ward temple and family history consultant, please come in for training and volunteer to serve at the Center for a 3-4 hour shift each week or when you can.
We have staff members who are experienced in Spanish, Irish, Scottish, Dutch and British research.
Nine staff members of the Vernal Family History Center have completed the certification to help answer e-mails sent to FamilySearch.org by patrons around the world who are researching their ancestors. This course was offered by the Global Training Delivery Department of the Church.
Resources in the Local Area
The Regional History Center is located in Vernal, Utah at 152 East 100 North, first floor (northeast corner of building). Hours: Monday thru Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or by appointment.
Volunteer at the Center
We like the marines, can always use a few good men or women. We have a staff of 70+ and welcome anyone who would like to serve in our center to come in and fill out a volunteer information sheet that tells of your skills and time availability. We will match your skills and availability with our needs.