Vermont in the War of 1812
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:49, 12 May 2012 by MarkhamMJ (added # of men)
During the War of 1812, Vermont furnished 4,853 infantry men, 243 cavalry men, and 140 artillery men for a total of 5,236 men.
- Vermont War of 1812. Digital books. FamilySearch. Family History Books. This has a list of links to digitized books. Free.
- Frost, Josephine C. and Louise Mary Blakeney Fisher, Adele Sabin Blakeney, Peronne Whittake and Daniel Whipple Church Ancestors of Benjamin Ferris Blakeney and his wife Stella Peronne Sabin : showing lines of descent from the Belden, Fenner, Greene, Montague, Northup, Seymour, Waldron and Whipple families; also the life of Daniel Whipple Church, written by himself, giving an account of the struggle for independence in Vermont, and of the War of 1812 along the St. Lawrence River FHL Film 6052859
- Roster of soldiers in the War of 1812-14 (St Albans, Vermont, Messenger Press, 1933) pages 474 FHL Book 974.3 M2
- Clark, Byron N, A List of pensioners of the War of 1812 : with an appendix containing names of volunteers for the defence of Plattsburgh from Vermont towns, a description of the battle from contemporaneous sources, the official statement of losses, and names of United States officers and soldiers at Burlington, Vermont, as shown on army pay and muster rolls recently brought to light (Baltimore, Maryland, 1969) page 171. FHL Book 974.3 M2
- Ansley, Norman and Adams, Richard K. Vergennes, Vermont, and the War of 1812 (Severna Park, Maryland: brooke Keefer Limited Editions, c1999) FHL Book 974.35 V1 M2
Rolls of Honor
- Wesley Potter Kremer. 100 Great Battles of the Rebellion;...Also, All the Battles of the Revolution, War of 1812-5, Mexican War, Indian Battles, American-Spanish War, and Naval Battles. (Hoboken, N.J.: s.n., 1906), p. 326. Internet Archive.