Vancouver Washington West Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Welcome to the Vancouver Washington West Family History Center. We are located in the Hazel Dell area of Vancouver, Washington and are ready to spend one-on-one time helping you with your family research, whether you are just starting out or just can't seem to find the next limb on you family branch. The Center is free to the general public.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 2223 Northwest 99th Street, Vancouver, WA 98665.
- We are located just west of 21st Avenue on the south side of the street. Use the east entrance on the south (back) side of the building. Ring the bell if the door is locked during the posted hours.
- Here is a map for the Vancouver Washington FamilySearch Center
E-mail: VancouverWest@ldsmail.net (checked only occasionally)
- Mon: 1pm-4pm
- Tues: 10am-1pm and 7pm-9pm;
- Wed: 6pm-8:30pm;
- Thurs: 10am-1pm and 7pm-9pm
Holiday Schedule: Federal holidays, Christmas week, and the month of August
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The Center has a considerable number of fiche and microfilm on permanent loan.
- The Center has a library of books and other publications.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The Center has 6 computers, 4 microfilm readers, a microfiche reader, a microfilm scanner and a document scanner.
Below is the list of our staff members and any special training they have acquired through their years of experience. If you have run into a roadblock in your research and are in need of extra special help, try letting us see what we can do.
|Monday 1:00pm to 4:00pm||Lloyd Lycan||Skilled in Swedish and Finish Geneology.|
||Clyde Nihipali||Skilled in the use of FamilySearch and has film ordering expertise.|
|Tuesday 10:00am to 1:00pm||Pamela Hunt||Familiar with FamilySearch and Swedish and Finnish research. Available for one-on-one consulting.|
|Betty Morris|| |
|Tuesday 7:00pm to 9:00pm||Darrell Bangerter||Skilled in French language, Tennessee geneology, and computer setup for Family research.|
|Wednesday 6:00pm to 8:30pm||Diana Yoshioka||Skilled in southern states research, English and Wales research, and expertise in Legacy and Ancestry.com.|
|Julie Thompson||Skilled in German and Ancient Greek languages, and expertise in general history and Central European research. Has Mac computer skills.|
|Thursday 10:00am to 1:00pm||Meredith DeBuse||Skilled in American History, the British Isles except Scotland, Latin, Scandanavian languages, Old English and some German.|
|Betty Townsend||Skilled in Spanish language, indexing (extraction) and arbitration for United States and Canada, and strong general computer skills.|
|Thursday 7:00pm to 9:00pm||Tom Higgins||Skilled in reading French language and research in New England, Nova Scotia, Quebec, New France, and France geneology.|
Resources in the Local Area
- 717 N Grand Blvd., Vancouver, WA 98661
- (360) 750-5688
- 2505 S.E. 11th Ave., Suite B-18, Portland, OR 97202
Davies Family Research Library in Oregon Historical Society Museum
- 1200 SW Park Ave., Portland, OR 97205
3605 NE 15th Ave., Portland, OR, 97212
- 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR, 97301
- Point Plaza East, 6880 Capital Blvd., Tumwater, WA 98501
Oregon Vital Records: The Center for Health Statistics and Vital Records
- 800 NE Oregon St., Suite 205, Portland, OR 97232
(973) 673-1180 (General Information)
(973) 673-1190 (Ordering Information)
Washington Vital Records: Washington Department of Health-Center of Health Statistics
- Town Center 1, 101 Israel Rd., Tumwater, WA 98501
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We are always in need of new blood in our center. Whether you are able to take on a weekly shift in the family history center or are more interested to serve as an occasional substitute, we would love to hear from you. Please email us at VancouverWest@ldsmail.net.