Utah, United States Genealogy
|Utah Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Utah ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Utah is a state in the intermountain western portion of the United States. It is divided into 29 counties and it's capital is Salt Lake City. It was admitted to the Union as the 45th state on 4 Jan 1896. It was created from Utah Territory. 
Getting Started with Utah Research
Links to articles on getting started with Utah research:
Utah Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Utah research.
Utah Clickable MapEdit
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Counties: Many genealogy records are kept at the county level
Extinct or former counties that might have records for your Utah ancestors:
Utah Migration RoutesEdit
California Trail · Central Overland Trail · Mormon Trail · Mormon Trail to Southern California · Old Spanish Trail · Central Pacific Railroad · Union Pacific Railroad · Southern Pacific Railroad · Denver and Rio Grande Railroad
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- 2001-2014 - Currentobituary.com index, 2001-2014 at FamilySearch — index
- Cyndi's List - Utah genealogy sites on the internet
- Utah Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Utah
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Utah
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Utah genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Utah
- Utah Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Utah Death Certificates 1904-1964. These tell birth (some in 1840's!), parents, spouse. (Free)
- Utah Burial Database often gives birthdate. (Free)
- Utah Digital Newspapers Project. Name searchable. (Free)
- Tracing Latter-day SaintAncestors. Wiki how-to pages.
- Every Name Index
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 31 Oct 2016.