- Please post new messages at the bottom of the page to prevent confusion.
- Please sign your comments. Type
after your text.
- Please use section headings to separate conversation topics.
Page leading to mini projects?
Heya Fran. Take a look at Colfax County, New Mexico. It's mostly by one user. My first temptation was to just jump in and start cleaning it up, but I'd rather find someone else who can do it. But having clicked the Community Center link and its Project link, this doesn't seem to fit with other projects, which are bigger. Is there a page that lists pages in distress that could use some serious attention from one who is talented in editing? RitcheyMT 22:47, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
Improving Help Content
Hi Fran ... I left a response to your thoughts about the Improving the Help Content page. Please take a look and let me know if you think that the way we planned it won't work. Thanks for your help. evancol
- Ok, thanks for letting me know. --Fran 20:44, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
Locking memorial page
Since Jimmy Parker is the first one, can we develop policy governing such memorialized pages? One of provisions is to lock the page after a certain time already passed. Dsammy 18:39, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- Good suggestion. We had a discussion about this in our staff meeting this morning. I edited his user page and talk page to add the message about his passing. Eventually we need to turn this message into a template. Since both pages are now part a historical record of Jimmy's involvement in the wiki, the pages are now protected. --Fran 19:17, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
All the adoption signs say "Adopt a page today" at the bottom. However 3 of the 4 signs are for pages that have already been adopted. Could those be changed to "Contribute to a page today"? MarkhamMJ 00:59, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
Pass along cards
Fran, I'd love to have some pass along cards. I used all the ones I had. Could I have 25? Lynda 22:59, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
Fran, I'd appreciate some pass along cards, maybe just 10 to begin with. I want to give it a try in my local area with those I think might be able to help. Thank you. carolbmoss
Fran, would you take a look at my discussion issue added to the Discussion page on the Derbyshire Church Records FamilySearch Historical Records Wiki Article. It applies to that page but to many other pages, as well.