From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 15:05, 14 March 2012 by AdkinsWH
Meeting: March 7, 2012
Attending: Wilma Adkins, Darlene Hagberg, Patsy Hendrickson,
James Tanner, Liz Snow, Lois, Jana Stokes, Patricia hardesty, Joy bogar
- Liz Snow for adding tables to all 29-counties of Utah - Thank you!
- Kyle for updating dates in counties Morgan through Summit. Thank You!
- James Tanner for your 100% improvement-compliment to the Utah committee, Wilma and all those who have helped with the content, the vision, and the view of Utah. Thank You!
Review of Minutes
- Mentioning events past and those coming up
- Upgrading of Wiki software - will fix many of the problems and others will come
- Put at the top of each county page the landscape photo with invitation to enter contest
- Color the camera that links to "more information" page
- Wilma and Joy will work on directional-information page for contestants
- Steve Cotrell helped to link camera icon to the above mentioned page
- Prizes - Family Search and UGA may help -- Wilma will check with UGA on Friday about this.
- Selected photo honor may enough for the prize
- Extend an invitation to high school students in all 29-counties to participate in photo contest - do this via the educational district offices throughout Utah -- WHO will do this?
Icons and Tips
- Icons will be created by an artist once the committee decides what is wanted - so copyrights are not a problem
- Tip bank in Wilma's Excel spreadsheet now - waiting to be "word-smith-ed"
- How to manage the tips, where to "bank" tips and how to collect them is a standing question
- Once we have the tips wanted, Wilma will make the tip-template
- Should we have borders or no borders for the "tip and more" area?
- Format a page ready to gather informational tips
- Tasks ready for volunteers to help update dates in the table
- Libraries listing and linking
Libraries and Newspapers
- Directional information needs to be addressed so researchers know why and what they will find in: Newspapers, Library of Congress, Museums, Wikipedia, Google, Cindy's List, Local and State Libraries - and how to best-use gathered information
- Links created in a "web-net" so researchers can easily move from one source to another
- Avoid long lists at any cost
- Addressed the need to have or create a "style-guide" for this project
- Break how-to information down in little step-by-steps
- Only mention the larger libraries with rich information - tell what you will find in each library
- Link the little libraries and ask community for additional information
- Progress reports, Libraries, Newspapers / Get tasks ready
- Move to Vital Records and Cemeteries / Get tasks ready
- Community Meeting Tuesday's at 1:00 p.m. Everyone is invited