Rebecca Christensen is a professional genealogist located in Lawrence, Kansas. Experienced in U.S. research in several geographic areas. Research services include custom U.S. research projects, Kansas research and records retrieval, consultations and problem solving.
- Active genealogical researcher, 1980-present.
- Professional genealogist, 1995-present.
- DNA Projects Co-Administrator, 2001-present.
Previous in-depth, multi-generational family research projects in the following areas: Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Minnesota, Massachusetts, New York, Ireland, Scotland.
- Genealogical Consultant (volunteer), 1988-1997.
- Family History Center staff, 1997-present.
- Family History Center Director, 2005-present.
- Indexer and Arbitrator, FamilySearch Indexing
Assisted many people with genealogical research in locations worldwide.
Archives and Libraries
- National Archives at Kansas City
- Kansas Historical Society, Topeka, Kansas
- Midwest Genealogy Center, Independence, Missouri
- LDS Family History Center
- research trips to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City
- Eisenhower Presidential Library, Abilene, Kansas (travel costs additional)
- other local repositories
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) member, 1995-present.
- Co-founder, APG Heartland Chapter, 2001.
- APG Heartland Chapter, former Chapter Representative, Program Chair, Treasurer.
- Global Alliance of Genealogy Professionals
- National Genealogical Society
- New England Historic Genealogical Society
- Pace Society of America