® ®☺Джим - Getting to Family Tree - Chapter 1
-  familysearch.org Main website, This is the place "enhanced" to learn about Family Search. It has five main parts before signing in and six with LDS sign in. They are 1.Sign In, 2.Family Search, 3.Family Tree, includes Tree, Person, Search and Watch List, 4.Photos, 5.Search and 6.Temple.
- You must be signed in for most links to work. Some training videos, etc. are with these main parts.
TRAINING for Family Tree
-  Family Tree Reference Manual/Guide should be primary source for information
-  Family Tree Quick Start Guide is a shortened guide for primary source information
-  Family Tree Training consists of videos, white papers, manuals, webinars and more
Other training found
-  Family History Center Portal Includes 1.Premium FH Websites (at center only), 2.Online Film Ordering, 3.Online Research Courses, 4.TechTips, 5.Family History Callings, 6.FamilySearch Reserch Wiki and 7.FamilySearch Help Center
-  Basic computer skills plus many lessons, watch for frequent updates Family Tree Curriculum
-  Getting to Family Tree 1 page
-  New Enhancements to familysearch.org 2:43 minutes
-  familysearch.org Overview 6:06 minutes
-  Access to Records on FamilySearch–understand different levels access 3:00 minutes
- 1 Sign In -Sign In with username and password, or recover forgotten username or password, or create new account.Changes to "your name" when signed in. Setting (yours to edit). Source Box (for your Family Tree) and Sign Out
- 2 FamilySearch - Found in upper left, then Live Help and is also found in Help Center after clicking Get Help. This is a Help Center page. It consists of: 1. Product Support, 2. Research Assistance, 3. Getting Started, 4. Learning Center for Browsing, 5. Search all product support articles and Product Support FAQs.
- 3 Family Tree -find collaborate and contribute information about your ancestors in Free worldwide tree. When clicked always comes back to person who signed in.
- 3.1 TREE - your own Family Tree/Fan Chart - choose one or the other.
- 3.2 SEARCH: Deceased only person search within the Family Tree
- 3.3 WATCH/UNWATCH toggle to know what changes have been made to persons in the tree you are watching.
- 3.4 PERSON - Click on name to go to Person Page. Summary box comes with DETAILS of that person as shown below to add, change, delete, find possible duplicates or merge.
- 3.4.1 VITALS - Name, Birth, Christening, Death. Burial
- 3.4.2 OTHER INFORMATION - Alternate names or events
- 3.4.3 FAMILY MEMBERS - As person with spouse and children or as child with parents
- 3.4.4 SOURCES - Sources as added by you or others
- 3.4.5 DISCUSSIONS - working with other users
- 3.4.6 ORDINANCES - applicable to LDS sign in
- 3.4.7 PHOTOS - All photos for that person with an Add/Upload option to the person shown.
- 3.4.8 STORIES - All stories for that person with an Add/upload option to the person shown.
- 3.4.9 TOOLS includes POSSIBLE DUPLICATES and soon will have PRINT options.
- 3.4.10 LATEST CHANGES you or others made are listed on this page.
- 3.5 PHOTOS when "not" on person page
- 4 Search Discover your ancestors by finding documents, census, certificates, etc.
- 5 Temple - Finding, reserving and printing FOR
Sign In -Sign In with username and password, or recover forgotten username or password, or create new account.Changes to "your name" when signed in. Setting (yours to edit). Source Box (for your Family Tree) and Sign Out
FamilySearch - Found in upper left, then Live Help and is also found in Help Center after clicking Get Help. This is a Help Center page. It consists of: 1. Product Support,
2. Research Assistance, 3. Getting Started, 4. Learning Center for Browsing, 5. Search all product support articles and Product Support FAQs.
- Quick Start to Your FamilySearch Account 2 page Handout
- Quick Start to FamilySearch Account 1:10 minutes
- Quick Start to the Temple 2 page Handout
- Online Courses, "How-To"-Videos, Guides and Manuals, Lessons and Activities, Handouts and Webinars
- Quick Start to Reserving Temple Ordinances 1:20 minutes
- Finding Records of Your Ancestors in FamilySearch.org 5 page Handout
- Quick Start to Searching Records 1:43 minutes
Indexing - Every person matters. Help us in our efforts to input names from historical documents.
- Getting Started 30 page Handout
- Quick Start to Indexing 3:23 minutes
- Talk with local stake or group indexing director
- Test Drive and Get Started Try Indexing 2:00 minutes
- Download and ICON to use Indexing Tool on your computer 2:00 minutes
- Indexing Rollover Activity Time depends on you
- Indexing Quick Start 5:27 minutes
- Learn how to index a census batch & receive tips to help read the records 2:58 minutes
- Share a Batch 1:26 minutes
- Indexing: Indicating the Image Type 4:12 minutes
- Indexing: Adding Records 2:36 minutes
- Indexing: Viewing the Previous or Next Page 3:00 minutes
- Learn how to adjust the highlights before you begin indexing 1:50 minutes
- Indexing multiple images 2:24 minutes
- Indexing multiple records 2:35 minutes
- Immigration and Naturalization Records 2:23 minutes
- Changing projects Passenger Lists and Naturalization Paper - depends on you
- Improve Handwriting Skills - 5 min Gen, episode 25 4:05 minutes
- INDEX LINKING - Introducing familysearch Online Indexing and Linking Tool 30:00 minutes
- Quick Start to Family Tree 11 page Handout
- More Training Videos Online Courses, "How-To"Videos, Guides and Manuals, Lessons and Activities, Handouts and Webinars.
- Quick Start to Family Tree 3:59 minutes
Photos and Stories
1. Ask a specialist-General Research Help, Request Assistance
- Different choices for requesting assistance from a community of researchers that are ready to assist you with your questions
2. Search Research Articles/Visit the Research Wiki wiki main page
Other ways to find Research Wiki to do research, search or Create and/or Edit
- Family History Portal FamilySearch Research Wiki through the portal
- Easiest way wiki main page sign in FamilySearch, click Source (Record) and then clicking on wiki.
a. Research and Searching Wiki
- Overview Familysearch Wiki 12:40 minutes
- Tour of what Wiki offers
- Searching the Research Wiki 5:50 minutes
- Wiki tools for research
- Find an ancestor Using the Wiki
- Researching FamilySearch Wiki: A Case Study – helps you research ancestors 8:00 minutes
b. Create and/or Edit an Article
- Wiki – Creating a Wiki Article – a new one 5:42 minutes
- Wiki – Editing a Wiki Article 6:24 minutes
- Wiki – Adding Images 6:51 minutes
- Wiki – Adding Citations 7:12 minutes
- Wiki – Creating Links – Internal and External, add, chg and remove 4:28 minutes
- Wiki – Using Templates – for articles 7:23 minutes
- Wiki – Watching Articles – watch a page 7:32 minutes
- Help:Conributor Help, a how-to page
- Cheatsheet table
Getting Started with your family history
- 1. - Discover your story video or start sharing 2:25 minutes
- 2. - Exploring your tree video or go to your tree 2:50 minutes
- 3. - Find your ancestors video or search records 2:50 minutes
- Family history articles, classes, videos and guides for genealogy resources by place, skill level, subject, format and language or 5 Minute Videos
- Become an online volunteer research consultant! Register today
Family Tree -find collaborate and contribute information about your ancestors in Free worldwide tree. When clicked always comes back to person who signed in.
- Introduction to the Family Tree 2:19 minutes
- Switching to Family Tree by lady or https://familysearch.org/tree-training 4:04 minutes
- The case for Moving to “Our Tree” White paper
- Moving Information from new.familysearch.org to Family Tree White paper
- Family Tree Release Notes 34 pages
*Consultant Practice Activities multiply pages
TREE - your own Family Tree/Fan Chart - choose one or the other.
- From here you can see your ancestors or descendants or click on any person to go to their person page for details, photos and stories, search within the family tree for people, or see who you are watching, look through history of persons you have worked on or help another person with their tree.
- Tree and Person share Search, Watch, History and Help Others. They are covered here.
*Seeing Your Ancestors on a Pedigree Chart or Fan Chart Family Tree Reference Manual, Chapter 2
SEARCH: Deceased only person search within the Family Tree
- Searching for Deceased People Family Tree Reference Manual, Chapter 6
WATCH/UNWATCH toggle to know what changes have been made to persons in the tree you are watching.
- Watching and "Unwatching" Information Family Tree Reference Manual, Chapter 10
HISTORY - Select from list to easily select person you have been working with in your tree. Lists the last 50 people you have clicked on.
HELP OTHERS- Log in to help them
- Signing in to Use Family Tree for Someone Else Family Tree Reference Manual, Chapter 12
PERSON - Click on name to go to Person Page. Summary box comes with DETAILS of that person as shown below to add, change, delete, find possible duplicates or merge.
- Seeing Details about People Family Tree Rerence Manual, Chapter 3
- Adding and Correcting Information about Pople and Relationships Family Tree Reference Manual, Chapter 4
- Merging Duplicate Records Family Tree Reference Manual, Chapter 9
- Dealing with Duplicate Records of People in Family Tree 6 pages
VITALS - Name, Birth, Christening, Death. Burial
OTHER INFORMATION - Alternate names or events
FAMILY MEMBERS - As person with spouse and children or as child with parents
SOURCES - Sources as added by you or others
- Attaching Sources to People and Relationships Family Tree Reference Manual, Chapter 8
- Sources in Family Tree A FamilySearch white paper 3 pages
DISCUSSIONS - working with other users
- Working with other users Family Tree Reference Manual, Chaper 10
ORDINANCES - applicable to LDS sign in
PHOTOS - All photos for that person with an Add/Upload option to the person shown.
- Automatically tags and connects photos and stories to person in the tree Family Tree Reference Manual, Chapter 5
STORIES - All stories for that person with an Add/upload option to the person shown.
- Automatically tags and connects photos and stories to person in the tree Family Tree Reference Manual, Chapter 5
TOOLS includes POSSIBLE DUPLICATES and soon will have PRINT options.
- Printing Information Family Tree Reference Manual, Chapter 7
LATEST CHANGES you or others made are listed on this page.
- Seeing the Change History and Undoing Changes Family Tree Reference Manual, Chapter 4
PHOTOS when "not" on person page
- Manually Adding Photos and Stories to Your Ancestors in Family Tree Family Tree Reference Manual, Chapter 5
- Add (My Photos) - Add one or multiple photos at a time. Shows all photos forall of your tree added by you and they upload to My Photos only - not to a person
- Tag (My Photos) - Tag faces to identify the people in your photos. Click on picture to tag
- Share ( Albums) - Create and share albums of ancestor's photos. Alphabetical listed albums of first name typed in - suggest use last name - with number of photos in that album. Click to see or create a new album
- Connect(People )- Connect photos to ancestors to your family tree. If you did not connect when you first added photos, you can do so here
Search Discover your ancestors by finding documents, census, certificates, etc.
Records - Records to search for sources for your family tree
- Family Search: Search Tips 3:26 minutes
- Finding a Specific Record Collection 4:02 minutes
- Finding Records; Eight Tips-Finding Records in the free FamilySearch.org 2:22 minutes
- Using Filters to Get Better Search Results 2:28 minutes
- Browsing Record Collections 4:39 minutes
- Tips, filters, wild cards, relationship, event, browsing images 9:34 minutes]
- Access to Records on FamilySearch–understand different levels access 3:00 minutes
- Searching for Ancestors in AF and PRF 3:27 minutes
- Uploading GEDCOM Files and Copying the Information to Family Tree FamilySearch Family Tree: A Reference Guide (15 April 2013), Chapter 4, pages 79-89
- How to submit community tree 30 page Family Tree Release Notes, page 10, 11 and 12
Catalog - Search in Catalog
Books - Search books
- How to search for books not a video, knowledge document 20 Dec 2012
Temple - Finding, reserving and printing FOR
- Shows list of Reserved, Shared, Printed and Opportunities of those in your tree that can be reserved.
- Legend of stage of those reserved, shared, printed, etc.
- A Reference Guide (LDS Version), Chapter 11 gives more guidelines
Catagory: FamilySearch_Family_Tree, Training
Fifth Session 3:00-4:00
|FAMILY SEARCH||Records, Search for Sources for your Tree||Genealogies, Search for submitted AF/PRF||Submit Tree, by GEDCOM||Catalog, search||Books, FH Books||Promotions, Boxed Information, Indexing, Rootstech and/or others|
|FAMILY TREE||Tree, yours||Person||Search, in tree||Watch List||Temple||History|
|LEARN||Getting Started||Research Wiki, Go to Wiki||Research Courses, View Courses & 5 minute videos||Discussion Forums, discontinued||Try Tech Tips||Learn More.. TV & more|
|FAMILYSEARCH CENTER||Search for center||Genealogical resourcdes, Search library catalog and order microfilms||Free Classes, Learn more||Research Support, Find location|
|INDEXING||Test Drive||Getting Started, Download & ICON||Help Make Records Free & Searchable Online||Indexing is Simple||Worldwide Indexing Projects|
|BLOG||Blog||Search||Subscribe||Follow||on Facebook||Categories||Recent Comments|
|SIGN IN||Sign In, Username and Password||Forgot Name or Password||Create New Account||Sign In changes to "Signed In" when in Family Tree||Settings, yours||Source Box for Family Tree||Sign Out|
|HELP||Self-help, Ask A Question||Family Tree, 3 each - Jan 2013||Indexing, 33 each - Oct 2012||Video Tutorials, 32 each - Jan 2013||Frequently Asked Questions||Local Assistance, FH Consultants, FH Centers||Community Assistance, FS Forums, Go to Forums - discontinued||Contact FS, Chat Online, Send Message, Call us 1-866-406-1830||My Cases||FEEDBACK|
|BOTTOM OF PAGE STUFF.....|
|LEARN||What's New||Getting Started||Free Courses||Browse Articles||Indexing|
|RESOURCES||Ask for Help||Archivists||Developers & Libraries||FH Products (Helpful & New Products, i.e. PAF, etc. - 3rd Party)||Remote Assistance (To better help you)|