Difference between revisions of "User:Mcbridelw/Sandbox 2"
From FamilySearch Wiki
(copy birth landing page)
Revision as of 18:15, 28 February 2013
Finding United States Marriage Records
About United States Marriage Records
- Most states began recording marriages in counties when the county was formed.
- Marriages recorded by state-level agencies vary widely by date and availability.
- New England states started recording marriages on the town level starting as early as the first residents of the town.
- Restrictions: Most marraige records are not restricted and are considered public records.
How to Start: Where Did the Marriage Occur?
To find a marriage record, choose the state the marraige occurred:
- What if you don't know the state? — Go to Estimating Marriage Information