Wiki Survey Option A
Using the Michigan County Marriage Records information and databases listed below,
complete the following tasks.
1. Find the marriage date for Laura Jakeway and John Corrigan. They were both from Kent County, Michigan. Laura’s birth year was 1881.
2. Find Laura’s mother’s maiden name.
3. Where was John Corrigan born?
4. When you have finished the tasks, complete the questions concerning your experience on the paper survey.
Michigan County Marriage Records
In 1805 the law required the clerk of the local district court to register marriages. Most counties kept marriage records from the date the county was created. You may obtain copies of these records from the county clerk's office. FamilySearch has copies of many Michigan county marriage records and indexes on online and on microfilm. When possible, it is best to view an image of the original record. Additional information about your family which is on the record may not have been indexed.
|How to Find Marriage Records|
When searching for a marriage record ask yourself the following questions:
Online Michigan Marriage Records
- 1820-1935 Michigan, County Marriages, 1820-1935 Free name index with images online at FamilySearch. Does not include the following counties: Alger, Alpena, Barry, Eaton, Gladwin, Kalkaska, Kent, Lenawee, Missaukee, Monroe, Montmorency, Oceana, Oscoda, Schoolcraft, and Shiawassee.
- 1822-1995 Michigan, Marriages, 1822-1995 Free online index. Microfilm copies of these records are available at the Family History Library and Family History Centers.
- 1868-1925 Michigan Marriages, 1868-1925 Free name index with images online at FamilySearch. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
Thank your for your participation in this task and survey!