User:Klk3/sandbox5 wiki design
Proposed Wiki Design Elements
by Jane's committee on how to use the wiki
- Our approach is to create 2 new pages and add links to & from other existing pages
Material to be added to the wiki
1. Beginning Research tips & tricks
2. Beginning Editing/writing for the wiki
3. Add a blurb on the front page that links to the "What the wiki is, and isn't" , with links from that page back to the main wiki page and to basic research tips and editing/contribution tips. It is essential to all users to know the scope of the wiki.
Wiki Research Tools, Tips & Tricks
The FamilySearch Research Wiki
- What is it? What can you expect to find on it to help you discover your ancestors.
- Wiki Basicsl 10 most essential tips for understanding and using the wiki. "The things I wish I had known when I started on the wiki."
- Note the 4 purple boxes on the right side of this page (Views, Toolbox, Community, Personal tools). This is knows as the "Nav Bar" (Navigation Bar)
- Each of the boxes contains tools to help you use the wiki. Click Here to learn about these tools and how to use them..
Wiki Search Tips
- How to Search/Browse here on the wiki
Communicating with others
- Help:Communicating on the Wiki [link to the middle of the page]
- Wiki Community News
- Wiki Contributor Help Forum
About Genealogy Research --links to
ways to get involved
About specific wiki pages
- Discussion/Talk pages
More About Researching on the Wiki
hand them off to Lee/Charles pages & Linda/Sandra/Rorie
Return to previous page
Go to Home page
User Pages: Benefits of having one, Suggestions for how to create on