History of Ryegate, Vermont : from its settlement by the Scotch-American company of farmers to present time, with genealogical records of many families, by Edward Miller and Frederic P. Wells (1913) - view this book online. Alternate site to view book online.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Ryegate is Caledonia
Caledonia Probate Division
1126 Main St, Ste 1
St Johnsbury, VT 05819
Phone: (802) 748-6605
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Ryegate. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Caledonia County, website at this link.
- Peacham East Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Peacham Village Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Woodward Family Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Worcester Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1796-2001, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
Ryegate Town Clerk
18 S Bayley Hazen Rd.
PO Box 332
East Ryegate, VT 05042
Phone: (802) 584-3880
Libraries and Historical Societies
Ryegate Historical Society
54 Paper Mill Road, East Ryegate, VT 05042
Mailng Address: PO Box 366, Ryegate, VT 05042
Phone: (802) 584-3520
- Ryegate, Vermont - Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryegate,_Vermont
- Peacham, Vermont - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/CaledoniaPeacham.html