I live in Mesa, Arizona and presently serve as a missionary at the Mesa Regional Family History Center (MRFHC) also known as the Mesa Large Multi-state Family History Center. I work with patrons and teach classes.
In 1979, I moved to Mesa from Scottsdale, Arizona. I have been employed as a trial attorney for the past 36 years but am now semi-retired. From 1982 to approximately 1993, I owned and operated an Apple computer store in Mesa. I also was part owner of a Macintosh software development company.
I have been involved in genealogical research for approximately 28 years, with most of my research in the U.S. and Denmark. I am presently a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists (APG).
I have been constantly involved in scanning family history documents, primarily from my family, for the past 15 years or so.
I am very much involved in writing, most of which is either work or Blog related. You can read my current Blog posts on the following websites:
I have recently published a book entitled, "The Guide to FamilySearch Online".
I have been involved in photography since I was about 10 years old. You can see a huge selection of my photographs in current posts and older posts on the following website:
I have also been involved in a graphics design and website development company for the past 28 years. The business is now run primarily by my wife and brother and is called
Tanner Digital Graphics
- B.A. Spanish, University of Utah
- M.A. Linguistics, University of Utah
- J.D. Law, Arizona State University
I have Arizona Community College Certificates in Spanish, Computer Information Systems and Law.
I have been involved with the Boy Scouts of America in some capacity or another for the past 25 years or so. I am currently Troop Committee Chairman for Troop 959 BSA and I also act as Eagle Scout Coordinator and manage Troop advancement.
James L. Tanner
3340 E. Fountain Street
Mesa, Arizona 85213
Bibliography of Publications
- Miller, Wick R., James L. Tanner, and Lawrence P. Foley. 1971. "A Lexicostatistic Study of Shoshoni Dialects". Anthropological Linguistics. 13, no. 4: 142-164. WorldCat 482259211
- Miller, Wick R. A Lexicostatistic Study of Shoshoni Dialects. Languages and Cultures of Western North America. 1971. WorldCat 166143925
- Graham, John K., and James L. Tanner. Curing Residential Real Estate Title Defects. Eau Claire, WI: National Business Institute, 2006. WorldCat 71837158
- Lotardo, John T., Patricia A. Premeau, and James L. Tanner. How to Obtain Good Title in Arizona Real Estate Transactions. Eau Claire, WI: National Business Institute, 2006. WorldCat 68194548
- Anderson, Robert G., Patricia A. Premeau, and James L. Tanner. Resolving Real Estate Title Defects. Eau Claire, Wis: National Business Institute, 2006. WorldCat 77524081
- Graham, John K., and James L. Tanner. Recognizing and Curing Arizona Real Estate Title Problems. Eau Claire, WI: National Business Institute, 2005. WorldCat 61325582
- Anderson, Robert G., Patricia A. Premeau, and James L. Tanner. Arizona Real Estate Title: Identifying Defects and Finding Solutions. Eau Claire, WI: National Business Institute, 2005. ((WorldCat|62880281}}
- Jones, Mack T., and James L. Tanner. Premises Liability: Preparation and Trial of a Difficult Case in Arizona. Eau Clair, WI: NBI, Inc, 2002. WorldCat 56762901
- Tanner, James L., The Guide to FamilySearch Online, Mesa, Arizona Bookmark Graphics, 2011.