Patricia Nielsen Hardesty, CG®
Patrica Hardesty is a research consultant for the Family History Library, focusing on United States and Canadian research. She has worked in the library since 1978, Prior to that, she worked for the library while going to the University of Utah for three and a half years.
She worked in the L. D. S. Church and General Reference Unit until it was merged with the United States and Canadian Reference unit around 1990. She is accredited in LDS research, knowing LDS temple records and membership records very well. She has become proficient in genealogical research in the United States in the past twenty years in Mid-west, New England, Western, Mid-Atlantic, and Mid-south states
She She earned a Bachelors degree, cum laude, in Elementary Education.
United States and Canadian Research Consultant in the Family History Library continuous from 1990.
LDS Church and General Reference Consultant in the Genealogical Library, 1978–1990
Elementary School Teacher, 1974–1976
Special Collections Consultant (LDS Temple Records) at the Genealogical Library, 1972–1974
Library Record Attendant at the Genealogical Library, 1971–1972
Churchill Jr.School Library 1970
Accreditation in L. D. S. Church Records Research
Genealogical Research Expertise
- Midwestern Region of the United States — Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin
- Western Region of the United States —
- New England Region of the United States — Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Mid-Atlantic Region of the United States — New York, Pennsylvania, and Maryland
- Mid-South Region of the United States - Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Missouri
BS in Elementary Education from the University of Utah