The following is a list of churches in James City County:
- 2900 Chickahominy Road
PO Box 506
Toano, Virginia 23168
- 800 Richmond Road
Toano, Virginia 23819
- Hickory Neck Church, completed in 1738, is a registered national historic site. It was built for the Blisland Parish, named after a parish in Cornwall, England and established in 1653. It was originally known as the Lower Church of Blisland Parish. It was used as a hospital during the revolutionary war, becoming a campground for British, French, and American troops at different times during the war.
- The Manuscripts and Rare Books Department of the Swem Library at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia houses a collection of historical documents pertaining to Hickory Neck Church. While the bulk of the collection consists of administrative material like meeting minutes and correspondence, it does contain membership information for the Hickory Neck Church's Women's Guild from 1933-1942 and 1953-1959.
- A transcribed and edited copy of the Vestry Book for Blisland Parish from 1721-1786 is located at the Colonial Williamsburg John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library, call number F232 .B55 B5 1999.
- 4931 Centerville Road
Williamsburg, Virginia 23188
Phone: (757) 258-0303
Fax: (757) 258-5270
- The Church was established on May 19, 1903, using a church built in the mid 1800s.
- Jamestown Church is a historical church on Jamestown Island in James City County, Virginia. Originally built before 1608, it has been rebuilt three times, in 1617, 1639, and finally, as it currently stands, in 1906. It was the location of the marriage between John Rolfe and Pocahantes.
Jamestown Presbyterian Church Mount Gilead Baptist Church Mount Pleasant Baptist Church New Zion Baptist Church Olive Branch Christian Church Our Saviour's Evangelical Lutheran Church Shiloh Baptist Church Smith Memorial Baptist Church Williamsburg Mennonite Church Zion Baptist ChurchFor a map plotting all of the churches, see Google Maps: Churches in James City County, Virginia.
- Frequently Asked Questions Hickory Neck Episcopal Church Website
- National Registry of Historic Places Inventory - Nomination Form, Virginia Department of Historic Resources
- Hickory Neck Church Records, Manuscripts and Rare Books Department, Swem Library, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia
- John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library Catalog
- History of The James River Baptist Church, James River Baptist Church Website