Who is Darris Williams
After finishing my time with Uncle Sam I began studies at Brigham Young University eventually finishing a degree in Family and Community History. I started work at the Family History Library in 1991 as a British Reference Consultant where I was fortunate to work with Bert Rawlins, Paul Smart and others. The opportunity to attend a course in Welsh family history at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth under the direction of John and Sheila Rowlands helped mold my passion for Welsh family history.
I took the accreditation test for England administered by ICAPGen and after a few years of recovery took the Wales accreditation test passing it also.
In 2004 I transferred from the Family History Library to Worldwide Support where we provide support to familiy historians throughout the world. Our effort to develop wiki.familysearch.org started as a tool for providing better and more efficient research support.
There have been research projects for clients in my past, lectures and writing about Welsh. My current focus is on sharing research expertise and mentoring rather than doing research for individuals.
- Monumental inscriptions, Baran Welsh Independent Chapel, Llangyfelach
- Monumental inscriptions, Capel y Gwrhyd, Llangiwg, Glamorgan
- Monumental inscriptions, Saron Independent Chapel, Rhydyfro, Glamorgan
Material for the Genuki website and wiki.familysearch.org
2005 BYU Genealogy and Family History Conference
- Surnames in Genealogy: Problems & Solutions
- Intermediate British Research
2005 British Institute sponsored by ISBGFH
- Beginning Welsh Research
2-6 Oct 2006 British Institute sponsored by ISBGFH
- Intermediate Welsh Research
- Newspapers and Periodicals
2007 British Institute sponsored by ISBGFH
- Basic Records for Wales
- Basic Tools for Welsh Research: Maps, Gazetteers, and Online Help
- Pitfalls and Blessings of Tracing Welsh Ancestry
- Strategies for Success
UGA Institute 2008
- Welsh Court Records
- Welsh Land & Property Records
- Welsh Marriage, Burial and Monumental Inscription Indexes
- The National Library of Wales
- Welsh Poor Law Records
- Preparing for a Research Trip to Wales
- Welsh Tax Records
- Welsh Wills and other Probate Records