User:Carolbmoss/Sandbox:Recipe 5 Cornaby
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:59, 28 December 2012 by Carolbmoss (minor)
- 1 Find family members in the Census records. Verify information with vital records.
Find family members in the Census records. Verify information with vital records.
Step 1. Search for your ancestor in the1900 U.S. Census at www.familysearch.org.
- Use the ancestor's name, birth year and birth place for a successful search.
- When searching for a woman, use her married name.
- Always look at the original record, not just the index or transcript.
Step 2: Verify the family information you find in the census with vital records,
- Look in Indiana Marriages, 1811-1959.
- Look for the parents' marriage.
- Look for a child's marriage. It could list the parents' names.
Step 3: Add any additional individuals and information to Family Tree.
- Add any newly found spouses and children in Family Tree.
- Prepare temple work by clicking on green arrows found in the tree.
- Follow the directions on the page.
- Be sure and check for any possible duplicates.