From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:51, 1 February 2013 by Batsondl (t)
Finding United States Birth Records
How to find your ancestor’s birth record:
Process for finding birth records:
- Check online indexes and digital images
- Check repositories, such as archives and libraries (FHL)
- Obtain certificate from the government agency ($$)
Why would I want to search for a birth record?
- May give the exact date and place where the child was born
- May indicate where the parents were born
- Help you extend a generation to the parents of the child.
What information does a birth record include?
- Name of child
- Birth date and place of child
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name including maiden
- Birthplaces of parents