Upper Missouri Indian Agency
United States American Indians Iowa Indians of Iowa Upper Missouri Indian AgencyUnited States American Indians Nebraska Indians of Nebraska Upper Missouri Indian AgencyUnited States American Indians Kansas Indians of Kansas Upper Missouri Indian AgencyUnited States American Indians South Dakota Indians of South Dakota Upper Missouri Indian Agency
Letters received from the Upper Missouri Agency, 1824-1874, are included among Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, filmed by the National Archives as their Microcopy M248, Rolls 883-888. This set of records is also available at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their microfilm number 1661613-1661618).
Reports of Inspection of the Field Jurisdictions of the Office of Indian Affairs, 1873-1900 have been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of Microcopy Number M1070. The reports for Upper Missouri Agency, 1874, are on roll 55 of that Microcopy set. Copies are available at the National Archives, their Regional Archives, and at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their microfilm roll number 1617728).
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Marquette University. Guide to Catholic-Related Records in the Midwest about Native Americans.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online