United States, World War II Draft Registration Cards (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues
! To Add Information
This page is created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems. If you wish to comment, scroll down and on the right-hand side of the screen choose Discussion to post your comment.
There are two collections listed in Historical Records for the United States, World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942. Normally the index and browsable images would be combined into a single collection; however, the current FamilySearch design requires that each collection have only one type of image browse.
1. The first set of images has a searchable index and can also be browsed by Digital Film (DGS) numbers. Draft cards are arranged in alphabetical order within each DGS number. Using the search feature is the best way to view these records. For locality browse and name browse, use the second, related collection (see below).
Current scope:Index and images of draft cards are from Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, and Wisconsin.
Future scope: Indices to draft cards for other states will be added to this collection over time.
2. The second collection does not have a searchable index but can be browsed by locality, which leads into a name search. It consists of Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York City (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island), Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Completeness of original United States, World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942:
Draft cards have not yet been acquired by the Family History Department, as of December 2009, for: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York (outside NYC), North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
Draft cards that were destroyed before microfilming or digitizing, or that have whereabouts as unknown as of Dec. 2009, are: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Maine, American Samoa, Canal Zone, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
○ The name of this collection.
○ If browsing this collection, please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurs. Example: United States, World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 (Image Browse) > Ohio > H > Haar, Charles Henry Phillip > Image 14 of 41
○ If you are reporting a technical issue, please include your operating system and browser version (i.e. Windows XP, Internet Explorer 8)
Click here to return to the Wiki Learn More page for United States, World War II Fourth Draft Registration Cards 1942 and click here to go to the United States, World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 (Image Browse).