United States, Merchant Mariners Killed on US Operated Ships During WWII - FamilySearch Historical Records
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
Record Description[edit | edit source]
These records include an index of mariners killed on US operated ships during World Ward II. This content was taken from the compiled site: Merchant Mariners killed on U.S. operated ships during World War II . This index, along with additional information on merchant mariners at war, is available at American Merchant Marines at War. The index covers the years 1940 to 1945.
Record Content[edit | edit source]
Records may contain the following information:
- Ship name
- Date of death
How to Use the Record[edit | edit source]
To begin your search it is helpful to know:
- Your ancestor's name
- Other identifying information such as age and death date
Search the Collection[edit | edit source]
Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the ancestors in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to find your ancestor.
Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
Related Websites[edit | edit source]
- Merchant Mariners killed on U.S. operated ships during World War II
- American Merchant Marines at War
Related Wiki Articles[edit | edit source]
How You Can Contribute[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- “United States, Merchant Mariners Killed on US Operated Ships During WWII, 1940-1945.” Index. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing National Archives and Records Administration.
Record citation (or citation for the index entry):