Union County, Oregon Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
1106 K Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Union was the former county seat until 1901.
Named for the city of Union which is located within the boundaries, a county seat at the time of the creation of the county.
- Records Held at the Courthouse
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Union County Court House as of October 2005.
- Record Loss:
11 February 1887: Wallowa County was set off.
1 February 1901: Southeast portion of Union known as the Panhandle was annexed to Baker County by the order of the State Legislature.
Places / Localities
Information about localities, too small or too brief to describe in separate pages. Exception to this are Post Offices. > Trivia Tidbits
Vol. 21 page 177 - Lower Cove Cemetery, Alical
- Elgin Cemetery, Elgin BillionGraves
Church History and Records
Land and Property
Early migration routes to and from Union County, Oregon Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Rivers and Waterways
Details about the rivers and waterways where farms and settlements are often found along them. >> Rivers and Waterways
Many early marriages are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Elgin Oregon Family History Center
- La Grande Oregon Family History Center
- The Union County GenWeb Project, part of The ORGenWeb Project
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog