1850: as Weber Fort or East Weber
1867: Name changed to Easton by settlers who remained.
1869: Name changed to Uintah
1937: Incorporated as a town
The city does not have its own website.
- Pioneers and prominent men of Utah : comprising photographs, genealogies, biographies, the early history of the Church 
Vol. 1 part 1 (Family History Archives)
Vol. 1 part 2 (Family History Archives)
Uintah Town Cemetery
1500 East 6400 South
Uintah, UT 84405
Church History and Records
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Uintah Ward, 1877 (formerly known as Deseret Ward) (Weber, Mount Ogden, and South Ogden Stakes) 
- Record of members, 1870-1905, 1908-1941
- Form E (annual genealogical report), 1908-1948
- Utah Encyclopedia of History
- A brief of history of Uintah, Weber County, Utah, 1850 to 1934, by Timothy Kendall 
This area is served by Ogden-based newspapers.
Societies, Museums and Libraries
Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum
2148 Grant Avenue
Ogden, UT 84401
ph: (801) 393-4460
- Utah Department of Archives 1903 to 50 years ago (F)
Choices of search types - name, date of death (year, month, day, or any combination) and county.
Images of actual death certificates.
- Ancestry.com (F) if through seleected Family History Centers) (FI$) if not through the Family History Centers)
Utah Death Index 1905-1951
Hint Keyword: enter the year of death and enter the name of county if known.
- Webtree.com, (F) listing individuals who born or died in Uintah. Due to the quirks of search results, picked up other Uintah locations. Submitters of gedcoms may add, update or remove contents.
- Ogden Regional Family History Center
539 24th St.
Ogden, UT 84401