Uinta County, Wyoming Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- Uinta County Courthouse
225 9th Street
Evanston, WY 82930-3415
- Uinta county official website: http://www.uintacounty.com/
'1869--'Uinta County was created 1 December 1869 as an original county. County seat: Evanston 
|Antelope||Bridger Butte||Fort Bridger||Millburne||Urie|
|Bear River||Carter Cedars||Hilliard||Piedmont|
Wyoming, Uinta, Almy - Cemeteries 
Bonnett, Elaine F 
|Fort Bridger 1872-1992||978.784 V3r 1697953 item 4|
|Lyman 1872-1992||978.784 V3r 1697953 item 4|
|Millburne||978.784 V3r 1697953 item 4|
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Almy, Evanston, Evanston 1st, Evanston 2nd, Evanston 3rd, Hilliard Lyman Millburne Mountain View and Spring Valley
Wyoming, Uinta, Almy - Church records
- Uinta County Courthouse225 9th Street
Evanston, WY 82930-3473
P.O. Box 810
Evanston, WY 82931-0810
The Uinta County Clerk and Recorder's office issues marriage licences and maintains records of land transactions
- County land records are maintained by the County Clerk and Recorder's office.
- The Family History Library has microfilmed deeds, mortgages, and chattle mortgages in the Uinta County Clerk's office beginning around 1872. Check the Family history Library Catalog for exact dates and film numbers. All the records have indexes.
- Also check the Bureau of Land Management and General Land office website for land patents in this county at http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/.
4,384 marriages from 31 Jan 1862 are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
- Fort Bridger Historical Association
Fort Bridger, WY 82933
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Uinta County, Wyoming Genealogy site contains historical information, and what appear to be links to many kinds of records. Many of the links don't appear to lead to records yet.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).