Difference between revisions of "Tyler County, Texas Genealogy"
From FamilySearch Wiki
(added city directory)
|Line 39:||Line 39:|
==== Court ====
==== Court ====
Revision as of 07:47, 5 February 2011
- 1 Adopted by Tyler County, TXGenWeb
- 2 County Courthouse
- 3 History
- 4 Places / Localities
- 5 Resources
- 6 Societies and Libraries
- 7 Web Sites
- 8 References
Adopted by Tyler County, TXGenWeb
Billy & Carla Clifton
In 1841, Tyler County was originally organized as Menard District, a judical division; however, when the Texas Supreme Court declared these districts illegal, Congress created Tyler County.
Places / Localities
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Woodville 1996 City Directory from Historic Map Works.
- Colmesneil, Texas Sanborn Fire Insurance Map 1904
- Woodville, Texas Sanborn Fire Insurance Map 1904 & 1909 Scroll down the page until you get to Woodville. There are several sheets to each map.
- Tyler County General Highway Map 1940
- Tyler County General Highway Map 1961
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).