Difference between revisions of "Tuscarawas County, Ohio Genealogy"
(Added cemetery on line lists)
(Added church records other repositories)
|Line 112:||Line 112:|
==== Census ====
==== Census ====
==== Church Records
==== Church Records ====
==== Court Records ====
==== Court Records ====
Revision as of 15:33, 27 April 2013
Guide to Tuscarawas County Ohio genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Tuscarawas County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Tuscarawas County Courthouse|
101 E. High Ave.
New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663
Tuscarawas County Website
United States Ohio Tuscarawas County
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Muskingum County in 1808.
- County Seat: New Philadelphia
- Neighboring Counties: Tuscarawas County, Ohio Genealogyresidents may also have records in Stark (north) · Guernsey (south) · Holmes (northwest) · Coshocton (southwest) · Carroll (east) · Harrison (southeast)
See an interactive map of Tuscarawas County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Cemetery records often reveal birth, marriage, death, relationship, military, and religious information.
|Online Grave Transcripts||Published Grave Transcripts||County Cemetery Directories|
|Family History Library|
See Ohio Cemeteries for more information.
Finding More Church Records
Additional church records can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Tuscarawas County, Ohio Genealogy Church Records in online catalogs like:
- WorldCat (For instructions see WorldCat Online Catalog).
- FamilySearch Catalog (For instructions see FamilySearch Catalog Place-name Search).
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War service men from Tuscarawas County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Tuscarawas County.
- - 4th Regiment, Ohio Infantry (3 months, 1861), Company F (also known as Canton Zouaves) with 16 men from Tuscarawas County.
- - 98th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company K
- - 104th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company E
- - 107th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company I
Naturalization and Citizenship
Tuscarawas County Courthouse
New Philadelphia, OH 44663
Probate Judge has birth, marriage, death and probate records;
Clerk Court has divorce and court reocrds from 1808 and
naturalization records from 1907; County Recorder has land records
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Wikipedia contributors, "Tuscarawas County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuscarawas_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Tuscarawas County, Ohio. Page 546 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.