Tucson Arizona West Family History Center
This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 3530 West Magee, Tucson, Arizona
- At Ina go north on Thornydale about one mile to first street light. Turn right on McGee, continue one quater mile to church on left. Take to second entrance since the library is on the east side of building. Small door just to the left of the main rear entrance of building.
- ">Location on Map
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9AM to 5PM
- Wednesday: 9AM to 5PM
- Thursday: 4PM to 8PM
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 9AM to 1PM
- Closed Oct 31, 2011
- Closed Nov 22-26, 2011 for Thanksgiving
- Closed Dec 20-31, 2011 for Christmas
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
None at present
- <a href="https://www.familysearch.org/#form=catalog">Family History Library Catalog:</a> Films are now ordered online by all patrons. Internet access is available at the library.
- We have extensive hard bound collections for North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Virginia as well as a few New England collections.
Databases and Software
- <a href="http://fhc.familysearch.org/">FHC Portal:</a> This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Seven computers, internet access, five microfilm readers, and a microfilm scanner are available. Wireless access available upon request.
Staff Research Specialties
(Watch this space for exciting information. <Include sections for any other services your center provides. Add additional sections for those services. See the <a href="Mesa Family History Center">Mesa</a> and <a href="Logan Utah Family History Center">Logan</a> FHC pages for examples.>
(Watch this space for exciting new information. <Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.>