Tucson Arizona Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Upcoming events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 500 S. Langley, Tucson, AZ 85710
- The free standing building is located on the north east side of the Tucson East Stake Center parking lot, south of Palo Verde Park. There is ample parking and handicap accessibility.
- Map:Tucson Arizona Family History Center'
- Tuesday 10 am - 9 pm
- Wednesday 10 am - 2 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 9 pm
- Friday 10 am - 5 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
- Saturday March 31 for LDS General Conference
- Wed July 4
- August 21-26 for cleaning and inventory
- Saturday October 6 for LDS General Conference
- November 22, 23, 24 for Thanksgiving
- December 18-Jan 1 for Christmas
"Family History in the 21st Century - 2013" (DATE UPDATE)
Date has been changed from October 27, 2012 to January 26, 2013!!
- Tucson Arizona East Stake Center - 6901 E. Kenyon
- Free to all participants
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Cox Collection
- Several thousand donated family histories, books on various genealogical topics and geographical areas, and genealogical periodicals.Tucson FHC catalog
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Websites available are:
- Alexander Street Press (Civil War)
- 19th Century British Newspapers
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Swedish church records
- Find My Past (UK)
- Fold 3 (specializing in military records)
- The Genealogist (UK)
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
We also have deluxe versions of the following genealogy mangement software for you to "test drive."
- Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, Legacy and Roots Magic (software programs that interact with newFamilySearch.)
Additional computer resources include:
- Genealogy Bank
- American Ancestors (New England Genealogical Society)
- Family Tree Maker disks ( some--check catalog)
- Some Pedigree Resource File disks
- Spanish version of PAF (PAF 4)
Hardware and Equipment
- 10 patron use computers
- microfilm/fiche copier (paper)
- microfilm/fiche digital copier
- flatbed scanner
Staff Research Specialties
- British Isles: Saturday 10-2
- Germany: Friday 2-5
- Scandinavia: Tuesday 2-6
- Southern States: Tuesday 10-2
- US and Canada: Thursday 10-2
On-going computer tutoring: Friday mornings 10-12. Call the center 298.0905 for an appointment.
Software User groups meet the second week of the month- please call FHC to confirm.
- Ancestral Quest - Tuesday 3:00 pm
- Family Insight - Thursday 7:00 pm
- Legacy - Saturday 10:30 am Topic schedule
- Roots Magic - Tuesday 7:00 pm
- Family Tree Maker - Friday 3:00 pm
Volunteer at the Center
Individuals with computer networking skills are needed on an ad hoc basis.
Community volunteers with an interest in family history, and a desire to serve others, who are willing to commit to a weekly shift for at least one-two years are invited to join our staff. Training will be provided. Contact the Director for further information.
Family History in the 21st Century - October 2011
Please click on classes for details on the classes and access to handouts