Tucson Arizona Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Upcoming Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 500 S. Langley, Tucson, AZ 85710
- The free standing building is located on the north east side of the Tucson East Stake Center parking lot, south of Palo Verde Park. There is ample parking and handicap accessibility.
- Map: Tucson Arizona Family History Center
- Tuesday 10 am - 9 pm
- Wednesday 10 am - 2 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 9 pm
- Friday 10 am - 5 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
- Saturday March 31 for LDS General Conference
- Wed July 4
- August 21-26 for cleaning and inventory
- Saturday October 6 for LDS General Conference
- November 22, 23, 24 for Thanksgiving
- December 18-Jan 1 for Christmas
Repeat presentations from the "Family History in the 21st Century 2011" Fair
Please call the FHC to register- 298-0905. Follow links for class handouts. Class descriptions can be found at bottom of page under "Family History in the 21st Century-Oct 2011".
- Records of the Poor (handout) Feb 15 Wed 12pm Joanne Kartchner
- Publishing/Sharing Your Family History Projects (handout) Feb 28 Tues 7pm Ingermanson
- Publishing/Sharing Your Family History Projects (handout) Feb 29 Wed 12pm Ingermanson
- Indexing-Giving Back in Only 30 minutes a Week (handout) Mar 6 Tues 7pm Len Ingermanson
- Indexing-Giving Back in Only 30 minutes a Week (handout) Mar 7 Wed 12pm Len Ingermanson
- Maps—The Best Kept Secret (handout) Mar 15 Thursday 7pm Marc Kaplan
- Using Social Networking (handout) Mar 20 Tues 7pm Pam Ingermanson
- Using Social Networking (handout) Mar 21 Wed 12pm Pam Ingermanson
- Fleshing Out Your LDS Pioneer History (handout) Mar 27 Tues 7pm Ann Kersten
- Fleshing Out Your LDS Pioneer History (handout) Mar 28 Wed 12pm Ann Kersten
- German Research Tips Apr 3 Tues 7pm Charles Hofmann
- German Research Tips Apr 4 Wed 12pm Charles Hofmann
- Scandinavian Research Tips April 17 Tuesday 7:00 pm Len Ingermanson
- " " “ April 18 Wednesday 12:00 pm “
- British Research Tips April 24 Tuesday 7:00 pm Jeri Martinez
- Military records ofthe Colonial Period April 25 Wednesday 12:00 pm Joanne Kartchner
- Which FamilySearch compatible software shall I choose? May 1 Tuesday 7:00 pm Linda Orton
- " " “ May 2 Wednesday 12:00 pm “
- Getting the Most out of the FamiySearch website Pam Ingermanson May 8 Tuesday 7:00 pm
- " " May 9 Wednesday 12:00 pm
Family History in the 21st Century - 2012
- Save the Date!
- October 27, 2012 Family History Fair
- Tucson Arizona East Stake Center - 6901 E. Kenyon
- Free to all participants
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Cox Collection
- Several thousand donated family histories, books on various genealogical topics and geographical areas, and genealogical periodicals.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, Legacy and Roots Magic (software programs that interact with newFamilySearch.)
- Genealogy Bank
Hardware and Equipment
- 10 patron use computers
- microfilm/fiche copier (paper)
- microfilm/fiche digital copier
- flatbed scanner
Staff Research Specialties
- British Isles: Saturday 10-2
- Germany: Friday 2-5
- Mexico: Thursday 6-9 (1st and third weeks)
- Scandanavia: Tuesday 2-6
- Southern States: Tuesday 10-2
- US and Canada: Thursday 10-2
On-going computer tutoring: Friday mornings 10-12. Call the center 298.0905 for an appointment.
Intermediate classses: See "Repeat Presentations" above.
Software User groups meet the second week of the month- please call FHC to confirm.
- Ancestral Quest - Tuesday 3:00 pm
- Family Insight - Thursday 7:00 pm
- Legacy - Saturday 10:30 am
- Roots Magic - Tuesday 7:00 pm
- Family Tree Maker - Friday 3:00 pm
Volunteer at the Center
Individuals with computer networking skills are needed on an ad hoc basis.
Community volunteers with an interest in family history, and a desire to serve others, who are willing to commit to a weekly shift for at least one-two years are invited to join our staff. Training will be provided. Contact the Director for further information.
Family History in the 21st Century - October 2011
Please click on classes for details on the classes and access to handouts