Tualatin Oregon Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Tualatin Oregon Family History Center occupies 3 rooms in the south side of the Tualatin Oregon Stake Center which is located in the south end of Tualatin, west of high school.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 22284 SW Grahams Ferry Rd, Tualatin, OR 97062
- The Family History Center door is located just west of the south entrance of the Tualatin Stake Center. There are two handicapped parking signs in front of that entrance.
- Location on Map
- 3rd, 4th & 5th Sundays - 6:30 to 8:30 pm;
- Monday - 9:00 am to noon;
- Tuesday - 4:00 to 7:00 pm;
- Wednesday - 3:00 to 8:30 pm,
- Thursday - 1:00 to 7:00 pm
Calendar and Events
Past Events: see www.tufamilyhistorycenter.yolasite.com for details of Family History Conference and Fair in July 2010 and in August 2011.
Our next annual Family History Fair will be from 9 am to 4 pm on Saturday, August 11, 2012 at the Tualatin Oregon Stake Center. Our keynote speaker will be Steve Morse (http://stevemorse.org); we will also have many other speakers giving presentations on genealogical research helps.
Staff Training Meetings
The monthly training meeting for family history center staff, family history consultants and priesthood leaders is held at the Tualatin Family History Center at 6:00 to 7:00 pm on the second Sunday of the month, except it is held on the third Sunday in May to not conflict with Mother's Day.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Oregon Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Records & Index: The Tualatin FHC contains a bound collection of the Oregon DAR records including an index of over 500,000 individual names. This DAR collection is in over 315 bound volumes and occupies 22 linear feet of shelf space. This collection is a copy of what the national DAR library contains. The DAR Library's National Index is available online at http://www.dar.org/library, then go to Genealogy Research tab, then go to GRC tab, individuals can be searched by name and state. The bound paper volumes can be reviewed at the Tualatin Family History Center. The Oregon DAR records contains a wide variety of historical and genealogical information pertaining to families who have lived in Oregon, particularly in earlier years. This collection does not contain the specific genealogy of individuals belonging to or applying for DAR membership. It is a gem of a collection, including information from 568 Oregon cemeteries, pioneer ministers' records of marriages-births-deaths, family histories & genealogies, interviews of Oregonians, personal and family memoirs, etc.
- Genealogy Books: The Tualatin FHC contains hundreds of genealogy books occuping approximately 75 linear feet of shelf space. Most books are pertain to USA genealogy, but we also have some books on European genealogy.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- Tualatin FHC has computers with online access, microfilm readers, microfiche readers, black & white and color printers, paper copier, microfilm/microfiche printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
www.tufamilyhistorycenter.yolasite.com - Tualatin Family History Center website.
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)