Trent, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to Trent, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Sherborne|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1598|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
TRENT (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Sherborne, hundred of Horethorne, E. division of Somerset, 4 miles (W. N. W.) from Sherborne.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Trent, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Ancestry - (£)|
|FMP = Dorset Marriages (findmypast) - (£)|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (findmypast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Trent, Somerset Genealogy Online Parish Records|
The original parish registers are held at the Dorset History Centre.
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Tax records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England,(1848). Date accessed and adapted: 25 September 2013.
- 'Dorset, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812,' Ancestry.
- 'Dorset, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906,' Ancestry.
- 'Dorset, England, Marriages and Banns, 1813-1921', Ancestry.
- 'Dorset, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-2001', Ancestry. All accessed 28 July 2012.
- 'Dorset Marriages,' Find My Past, accessed 28 July 2012.
- 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- E 179 Database, The National Archives, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e179/, accessed 8 August 2013.