Difference between revisions of "Torrance California Family History Center"
m (add image)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 20:29, 30 September 2011
Torrance Family History Center has been serving the community for the past 25 years. We have a group of dedicated and knowledgeable Family History Consultants who can help you with any research problem you have.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 22605 Kent Ave. Torrance, Ca 90505
- Cross street is Sepulvada Blvd - building is at the end of the street on the right.
Monday, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday, 9:30 am -8:30 pm
Saturday, 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Holiday Schedule: We are closed for major holidays.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)