Difference between revisions of "Tom Green County, Texas Genealogy"
m (moved HowellTW Green County, Texas to Tom Green County, Texas: page title - Tom replaced with HowellTW)
|Line 71:||Line 71:|
Revision as of 20:14, 10 April 2010
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The original Tom Green County extended to the Pecos River and covered 12,500 square miles. Twelve other counties have been created from this area. The first white settler arrived in 1864. Ben Ficklin was almost washed away in 1882.
1874--Tom Green County was created 13 March 1874 from Bexar Land District. County seat: San Angelo 
Places / Localities
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).