The Knowles Collection -- Jews of the Americas
Jewish Genealogy > Knowles Collection
Use this record to find the genealogy of many Jews of the Americas. This database deals with the Jewish people who appear in th records of North and South America, and Canada. The great advantage of the Knowles Collection is that it links together into family groups, thousands of individual Jews (over 52,000 in this database as of February 2011). Until now, these records were available only as individual sources available either through The Family History Library or through archives and individuals from throughout the world.
This record contains
- Surname and forenames (continually being added)
- Links to ancestors
- Dates where available
- Places where available
- Source citations where available
- Notes where available
Before using this record know
- Name of person to search for
- Approximate year of birth
- Where the person lived
Where to access the collection
Link to this collection through Jewish Family History Resources. Look for the section on Knowles Collection. The database was created in Personal Ancestral File (PAF). Select either PAF Format: Knowles Collection or Gedcom Format: Knowles Collection.
If you don't have the PAF software, download it for free by clicking on PAF v5.2 (Personal Ancestral File). If you have another genealogy software program, open the collection by clicking the Gedcom Format link.
How to search the record
- Search by the name of your ancestor
- View the sources
- View the notes
There are two types of records in this database:
- Those which have been added by Todd Knowles.In the Notes field, each item is categorized under“Research Notes”.
- Items contributed to the site by others, who are acknowledged.