Thayer County, Nebraska Genealogy
Thayer County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Thayer County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||January 26, 1871|
|Address|| Thayer County Courthouse|
225 N. 4th Street
P.O. Box 208
Hebron, Nebraska 68370-1549
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Thayer County Courthouse
225 N 4th Street PO Box 208
Hebron, NE 68370-1549
County Judge has marriage, probate and court records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
County Clerk has land records. 
For tips on accessing Thayer County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Early migration routes to and from Thayer County, Nebraska Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Thayer County, Nebraska page 434, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).