Difference between revisions of "Texas Naturalization and Citizenship"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(added a heading and links)
(fshistcol integration)
(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)
Line 11: Line 11:
== Web Sites  ==
== Web Sites  ==
[http://www.archives.gov/southwest/ The National Archives at Fort Worth]
== References  ==
== References  ==
''[[Texas]] Research Outline''. Salt Lake City, Utah: Intellectual Reserve, Inc., Family History Department, 1998, 2001.
:NOTE: All of the information from the original research outline has been imported into the FamilySearch Wiki and is being updated as time permits.
=== FamilySearch Historical Record Collections&nbsp; ===
An online collection containing this record is located in [https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/show#uri=http://hr-search-api:8080/searchapi/search/collection/1911179 FamilySearch.org.]
A wiki article describing this collection is found at:
[[Texas, Eastland County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)]]

Revision as of 17:29, 11 July 2012

United States Gotoarrow.png U.S. Naturalizations Gotoarrow.png Texas Gotoarrow.png Naturalizations
Adopt-a-wiki page
Txgenweblogo.GIF This page adopted by:
TXGenWeb Project
who welcome you to contribute.
Adopt a page today


Naturalization records for Texas have generally been filed with the clerk of the district court in each county. You can obtain copies of the declarations, affidavits, orders of admission, and other documents by contacting the clerk's office. The Family History Library has microfilm copies of some county records. For example, from Harris County the library has naturalization records from 1891 to 1906 and an index from 1855 to 1906.

Post-1906 Records

In 1906 the Immigration and Naturalization Service (now United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) was created, forms were standardized, and duplicate records were created in the court and sent to the INS.  To access these records, use the Genealogy Program at www.uscis.gov, fill it out and send it to the address listed on the form. You may also contact the National Archives Southwest Region (Ft. Worth) for naturalization records.

Web Sites

The National Archives at Fort Worth