Difference between revisions of "Tensas Parish, Louisiana Genealogy"
|Line 110:||Line 110:|
==== Land ====
==== Land ====
==== Local Histories
==== Local Histories ====
[http://..///. Louisiana ]
==== Maps ====
==== Maps ====
Revision as of 20:26, 2 July 2013
Guide to Tensas Parish Louisiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Tensas Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||March 17, 1843|
|County Seat||St. Joseph|
|Address|| 201 Hancock St.|
St. Joseph, LA 71366
- 1 Parish Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
See an interactive map of Tensas Parish boundary changes.
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Adams County, Mississippi
- Claiborne County, Mississippi
- Jefferson County, Mississippi
- Warren County, Mississippi
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestral Genealogy
- Tensas Parish, Louisiana: Largest Slaveholders from 1860 Slave Census Schedules and Surname Matches for African Americans on 1870 Census
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
|Tensas Parish Census Data|
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
Louisiana Newspaper List - USNPL lists newspapers by city, name.
The original weekly Tensas Gazette was founded in 1852 in St. Joseph, Louisiana. Since that time it has operated under various owners and names. One of the oldest newspapers in Louisiana, it is still in publication under its orginal name. The Library of Congress has digitized the issues from 1894 to 1922 which can be browsed or searched at its Chronicling America website.
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Louisiana Archives ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Tensas Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., Tensas Parish, Louisiana p 293 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002). Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Handybook" defined multiple times with different content
- United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.