Difference between revisions of "Tennessee in the War of 1812"
(update bread crumb)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States of America|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[War of 1812
''[[United States of America|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[War of 1812|War of 1812]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Tennessee Military Records|Tennessee Military]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] Tennessee in the War of 1812''
=== Introduction ===
=== Introduction ===
Revision as of 05:41, 20 June 2012
During the War of 1812, Tennessee furnished 18,361 infantry men, 9,095 cavalry men, 110 artillery men, and 267 men in miscellaneous troops for a total of 27,833 men.
Explanation of the Major Record Types
- Pearson, Thomas A., comp. Genealogical Records of the War of 1812: an Introduction and Selected Bibliography of Materials in the Collection of St. Louis Public Library. (St. Louis, Missouri: St. Louis Public Library, July 2004).
- Ancestry. War of 1812 Service Records ($). Database gives name, company, rank at time of induction and at time of discharge of men mustered into the armed forces between 1812 and 1825. (Accessed 11 May 2012).
- Sistler, Byron Tennesseans [i.e. Tennesseeans] in the War of 1812 (Nashville, Tennessee, Byron Sistler and Associates, 1992) pages 549 FHL Book 976.8 M22
- Fox, George and Juanita Fox: East Tennesseans in the War of 1812: 150 muster rolls - 8,500 men
(S.I.: G&J. Fox, 2011) pages 432 FHL Book 976.8 M2
A soldier may have been recorded in state records (see below) or in federal records (see US War of 1812 Pension Records).
- Fold3. Tennessee War of 1812 Pension Files . (Free). Alphabetical by surname. Shows entire pension file for those digitized. Incomplete as of 1 June 2012.
- War of 1812 pensioners living in Tennessee during the 1880's (Cullman, Alabama: Gregath, 1983) pages 127 FHL 976.8 M2
- McCown, Mary Hardin and Inez E Burns Soldiers of the War of 1812 buried in Tennessee (Tennessee, 1959) pages 183 FHL Book 976.8 M2
- Wesley Potter Kremer. 100 Great Battles of the Rebellion;...Also, All the Battles of the Revolution, War of 1812-5, Mexican War, Indian Battles, American-Spanish War, and Naval Battles. (Hoboken, N.J.: s.n., 1906), p. 326. Internet Archive.