From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:09, 3 November 2011 by DiltsGD (clarify 1865 soldier mortality heading)
New York State 1865 and 1875 Census Marriage, Mortality; and 1865 Soldier Mortality records:
- Images available online at New York State Census, 1865 and New York State Census, 1875. Click on the link to go to the page, then click on the ‘Browse through images’ link and select your county, then select an ancestor's town and browse to the end of the population schedule until you find the Marriage, Mortality, and 1865 soldier mortality schedules.
- Includes marriages and deaths for the 12 months prior to the census, ending 1 June of the census year.
- Marriage entry content: Husband's name, wife's name, ages and previous marital status, month and day and place of marriage, and church or civil ceremony.
- Death entry content: Name, age, sex, color, marital status, month and day of death, native state or country, occupation and cause of death.
- 1865 deaths of officers and enlisted men entry content: Name, age, marital status, citizenship status, enlistment date, original regiment, original rank, regiment at death, rank at death, promotions, death date and place, manner of death, surviving associates, and burial place.
- Also on microfilm. See the Family History Library line in the above State Census Chart. These can be ordered through any Family History Center.